Clin/Tran Research Coord II, General Pediatrics
* JOB SUMMARY:
The Clin/Tran Research Coord will manage, independently or with general direction, the day-to-day operations of behavioral trials. The research coordinator will also be responsible for working with the overall Clinical Trials Manager to insure appropriate adherence to study protocols and timelines. The research coordinator will manage one RA and several part-time data collectors, including responsibilities for training on appropriate data collection measures. The research coordinator will also facilitate local meetings of co-investigators, advisory boards, steering committees, and working closely with the biostatistics team and analysts to ensure compliance and timeliness of meeting goals. The research coordinator will be responsible for milestone achievement and reporting. The research coordinator will also be responsible for overseeing IRB-related issues and adverse event reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Clin/Tran Research Coord II will supervise and conduct day-to-day study operations, including:
Oversee quality control, including assuring adequate training of new staff
* Coordinate availability of space and supplies
* Maintain knowledge of study protocols and ability to administer protocols; maintain manual documenting any revisions to protocols.
* Prepare IRB amendments and annual reviews
* Track study progress, identify and suggest solutions for operational problems, and ensure that deadlines are met.
* Call potentially eligible families to tell them about the study.
* Administering informed consent/assent. Administer aspects of the clinic-based data collection that are not handled by the clinical staff. Communicate with clinic staff regarding study procedures
Monitor data collection - depending on the project the Coordinator will either be directly collecting the data or monitoring research staff who are collecting the data
* Monitor data entry into REDCap (including assisting with data entry) and data cleaning
* Actively participate in team meetings
* Assist with preparation of abstracts and manuscripts
* Preparation and assistance with required progress reports.
* Supervise other staff and training them in administration of the research protocol
* Participate in writing teams to prepare manuscripts and grants
* Assist with budget oversight
* Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2 year experience
* Experience recruiting research participants.
* Experience administering a research protocol to human subjects.
* Excellent written, verbal, and people skills.
* Excellent organizational ability, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Excel and PowerPoint.
* Working knowledge of data entry and analysis programs such as SPSS and REDCap
* Flexible schedule, with the ability to work some nights and weekends
* Experience with effective teamwork leadership
* Own transportation
* Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
* Day Shift/ NonExempt Position ( including evenings and weekends , as the study requires)
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US