Research Assistant II ( Pediatrics Neonatology )
JOB SUMMARY: Under moderate supervision, set up, conduct experiments, and continue research projects following protocols including the appropriate recording of data and reporting of standard or variant results. Assist in other laboratory and research functions.
* Bachelors Diploma (or equivalent) and 2 Years of Experience
* Day Shift/Non-Exempt Position
The Division of Neonatology is one of the top academic pediatric programs in the country.
Nationally acclaimed neonatologists, developmental pediatricians, and Ph.D. research faculty members continue our division's long history of excellence in patient care, teaching, research, and advocacy. Ranked among the top neonatology programs in the country, our faculty are sought-after as educators and leaders. Division members are involved in community outreach, shaping national, state and local policy, serving on editorial and research review committees, and leading statewide efforts to improve perinatal care.
The flagship of the neonatology clinical program is the 100-bed Children's Hospital NICU. The division also provides full-time neonatology services at the following Tennessee hospitals:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US