Lead Application Developer - Biomedical Informatics
The Center for Precision Medicine (CPM) at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) is a multidisciplinary team consisting of basic research investigators, clinicians, data scientists, application developers and support personnel whose objective is to build a research platform that amasses, extracts, and curates meaningful information from patient healthcare records and integrates it with genetic information derived from a DNA repository patterned after BioVU (i.e. Vanderbilt DNA Databank). The CPM develops and applies advanced bioinformatics tools to identify genotype/phenotype associations and genotype/treatment relationships in order to facilitate discovery and signally improve healthcare outcomes through the personalization of diagnostics, treatment and disease prevention. In 2016, VUMC was chosen by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to be the Data and Research Center for the Precision Medicine Initiative (PMI) All of Us Research Program, a landmark study of genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors affecting the health of a million or more people. In addition, the CPM is collaborating with the Broad Institute to create an ecosystem of applications that will serve the needs to the NIH/NHGRI Genomic Data Science Analysis, Visualization, and Informatics Lab-space (AnVIL) and interoperate with other NIH data resources.
* Bachelors (or equivalent experience) and 7 years experience
* Day Shift/Exempt Position
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US