Assoc Program Manager (Decedent Affairs)
Death Certificate Administration: (40%)
Initiate and complete all death certificates when a patient expires at VUMC to include, but not limited to: confirming and accurately transcribing patient demographics, ensuring the physician completes appropriate sections and signs / certifies and coordinating with appropriate funeral home or health department for filing
* Partner with Tennessee Department of Health to ensure Vanderbilt compliance with Vital Records Information Management System (VRISM), Vanderbilt physician enrollment and act as liaison between Vanderbilt physicians and Tennessee Department of Health
* Complete other activities related to death certificates to include, but not limited to: prepare reporting from EMR, completion of affidavits, coordinate delayed diagnosis completion and act as liaison with external entities and Vanderbilt physicians related to deaths outside of the Vanderbilt system
Patient Disposition and Release: (40%)
* Responsible for coordinating and managing the patient release process from VUH and VCH to include, but not limited to: coordinating with Funeral Home, Medical Examiner, Tennessee Donor Services, Metro Social Services or family, ensuring timely release of decedent and confirming all appropriate paperwork has been completed
* Responsible for managing the infant cremation process
* Collaborate with unit staff to take report of death and accept patient to morgue when applicable
* Responsible for updating and confirming accuracy of morgue log in both VUH and VCH
* Coordinate release of patient belongings
* Complete final report of death reviews
Additional Responsibilities: (20%)
* Provide support to VUH Patient Transport Department / Manager to include, but not limited to: monitor Patient Transport Command Center and provide logistical support (i.e. assigning jobs, cancelling jobs, inputting transport requests, prioritizing transport requests, maintain break schedule and assign staff accordingly, completing patient transports, rounding and service recovery
* Creating and maintaining professional and effective relationships with both internal (i.e. Vanderbilt staff) and external customers (i.e. funeral homes, mortuary transport, etc.)
* Office Supplies / Inventory
* Attend / Complete assigned training
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and < 1-year relevant experience
* High School Diploma or GED and 4 years or more of experience for the equivalent.
* Monday - Friday Day Shift.
Click here to learn how we are: Defining Personalized Care
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.