The successful candidate should be extremely organized, efficient, detail oriented, a team player, and a self-starter. Additionally, the candidate should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to think and function independently. She/he must be able to multi-task while remaining professional, and helpful. Excellent time management and planning skills are essential. Proficiency with MS Office Programs, Adobe, SparkLearn and ability to quickly learn new programs is needed. Proficiency with data management tools (e.g. RedCap) and/or data analysis programs.
The Center for Health Services Research has an overall program emphasis on improving healthcare outcomes. Faculty represent diverse disciplines including clinical medicine, nursing, public health, social sciences, management sciences, and the humanities. Key research foci of the Center include: clinical epidemiology and outcomes research; clinical improvement, quality, and implementation research; health economics and decision science; health prevention, promotion and disease management; behavioral health and health communication; pragmatic research and comparative effectiveness research; community health, and health policy. The Center can provide core services related to implementation sciences and quality improvement, database management and evaluation, qualitative research, human factors, and health communication. The Center also helps to support numerous training programs for fellows and junior faculty.
Monday - Friday, normal daytime business hours
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.