Under minimal supervision, The Research Asst III performs a wide variety of complex tasks requiring practical understanding of techniques and theory, including the appropriate recording of data and reporting of results. Assist in other laboratory and research functions.
Preferred Education, Skills and/or Experiences :
Our lab team is currently conducting multiple ongoing community-based randomized trials for childhood obesity prevention and treatment among low-income and minority populations. The Research Assistant III position is an essential member of the team, who will be responsible for independently collecting data from participants, assisting with recruitment and retention of participants, obtaining informed consent, generating data reports to guide data collection efforts, assisting with data management and quality control, and collaborating with the study coordinator and other team members to ensure adherence to study protocols.
Experience with qualitative research will be a key requirement for this job, as we are conducting a large number of key-informant interviews as a part of our ongoing research.
Data collection will likely occur in multiple settings, including clinic-based survey administration, phone-based interviews, and community-based data collection.
Flexibility is also a key attribute: the dynamic nature of clinical research means that this position will also have the opportunity to assist in other laboratory and research functions as they arise.
A background/interest in biomedical and behavioral research is a must.
Working and communicating within a team environment is crucial to the success of this project.
Academic General Pediatrics at Children's Hospital improves the health of children and families, especially those with higher risk for poor health outcomes. As a medical home, we provide comprehensive, family-based, coordinated care. Our programs range from primary care clinics across the region to specialized clinics focused on child behavior , to referral services for families involved in international adoption . We also direct the Newborn Nursery at Vanderbilt to give families with new infants a healthy start and allow for good continuity of care. Our training of the next generation of pediatric primary care doctors and specialists and our advancement of discoveries impact children across the country and the around the world.
We accomplish our mission by
* Day Shift (w/ some nights and weekends as needed)/ Non-Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
Key Functions and Expected Performances
* Bachelors Degree (or equivalent experience) and 4 years experience required. ** Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.**