Program Manager (Events & Marketing) - Office of Research
The Office of Research (OOR) supports the work of the Executive Vice President for Research and the conduct of biomedical science within the Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) and across the School of Medicine. The mission of the OOR is to advance biomedical discovery, training and innovation across the spectrum of VUMC academic endeavors. The OOR supports multiple programs that highlight research achievement, including the Discovery Lecture Series and Vanderbilt Prize; the Biomedical Sciences Advisory Board; Research Staff Awards; Faculty Research Awards; and external prize recognition of research and education at VUMC.
The Program Manager will report to the Director for Research Resources & Strategy in the Office of Research (OOR). High-level responsibilities include daily interactions with senior leadership, executive faculty and their assistants, as well as various VUMC and VU systems and stakeholders for the purposes of: event planning; content generation and communication; presentation preparation; ad hoc projects and research; and travel coordination, calendaring and meeting planning. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent oral, written and technical communication skills; ability to work independently with minimal oversight; strong organizational skills; and discretion for managing confidential information and complex tasks in collaboration with faculty and staff at all levels.
Through its historic bond with Vanderbilt University and integral role in the School of Medicine, VUMC cultivates distinguished research and educational programs to advance a clinical enterprise that provides compassionate and personalized care and support for millions of patients and family members each year. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
As directed by the Program Team in the Office of Research: