JOB SUMMARY :
The mission of the Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (VICTR), which is of strategic importance to our institution and its research operation, is to remove impediments to translational science so that innovations reach the people who need them more quickly. We are a workforce united not only by common purpose but also by common values.
In collaboration with the VUMC Human Research Protections Program (HRPP), the Translational Research Navigator III assists with the optimal application of the Federal, State, and local laws, guidance documents, VUMC Institutional policies, and Institutional Review Board (IRB) policies and procedures while meeting the objectives of the VUMC research community. Consults on complex research and regulatory issues in conjunction with the team(s) to identify solutions and develop improvement processes. The TRN III researches topics of departmental, institutional or strategic importance.
* Lead researchers and clinicians in improving the quality of research and grants by identifying collaborators, connecting investigators with resources/funding opportunities, and developing tools to further the research enterprise.
* Serves as the central resource for the research community to provide expertise and guidance on complex issues, operational goals, business strategies, ethical considerations, regulatory mandates, and institutional policies related to human research protections.
* Collaborates with internal and external customers to develop and evaluate services for the improvement of human research protection programs.
* Responsible for the comprehension, management, and facilitation of IRB regulatory assurance(s), contracts, agreements, and IRB policies and procedures.
* Facilitate work groups comprised of members of the NIH, administrative officers, lawyers, and representatives from the offices of research at various institutions nationwide. Provide both administrative and scientific support to help set agendas, plan meetings, critique project proposals, and build databases/tools for the group.
* Educate the campus community regarding resources available to clinicians and researchers to improve all aspects of the research enterprise.
* Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive/strategic Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program for research programs within the Research Enterprise.
* Organize administrative teams to support national in person meetings (e.g., set meeting agendas, invite speakers, engage possible attendees, advertise events, book meeting locations, book audio-visual services, and provide scientific/technical consultation).
* Write scientific progress reports and technical summaries.
* Lead evidence review methods development and execution within team executing association studies for industry, including designing and testing methods, developing evidence review deliverables for industry partners, and training colleagues.
* Facilitate development and implementation of personalized approaches to patient care.
* Work in concert with Vanderbilt leadership in developing infrastructure for improving expanded access to investigational therapies for seriously ill patients.
* Collaborate with leadership and other colleagues in development and submission of grant proposals related to key national initiatives.
* Provide research support services to Vanderbilt colleagues, including evidence reviews and other project work.
* May supervise a small team, communicate performance expectations; conduct performance evaluations; and monitor qualify assurance standards, programs, and procedures within the team.
About the Department:
The Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical & Translational Research (VICTR) is Vanderbilt's virtual home for clinical and translational research. Supported by Vanderbilt University Medical Center's Office of Research and the NIH-sponsored Clinical and Translational Service Award (CTSA), the mission of the institute is to transform the way ideas and research discoveries make their way from origin to patient care. VICTR functions to help researchers and clinicians do their jobs better by providing tools and support to improve the quality of research, publications, grant writing, and training for future doctors and researchers. For more information, please visit https://victr.vumc.org/ .
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
The national Recruitment Innovation Center, located within VICTR at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville TN, is expanding and as such is seeking an individual with a passion for recruitment of participants into clinical trials. Our team is dynamic and forward thinking in the development of new strategies to help clinical trials recruit and retain individuals, with an emphasis on participant engagement at all levels of the trial development and implementation.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments:
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments.
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US