The Endocrinology practice is primarily outpatient, with opportunities to participate in multidisciplinary clinics (such as Neuroendocrine & High Risk Osteoporosis), work closely with skilled pituitary and head/neck surgeons, and perform ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsies. Diabetes care is provided utilizing a team-based approach alongside Advanced Practice Providers and on-site Certified Diabetes Educators and Nutritionists.
Endocrinology at Geisinger:
• High quality, innovative patient-centric care
• 100% subspecialty endocrinology clinical practice
• Professional continuous glucose sensor usage and interpretation
• Insulin pumps, glucose sensors, electronic glucose meter download capability
• Thyroid fine needle aspiration
We take pride in the support we provide our physicians:
• Opportunities for professional growth, teaching, and participation in clinical and
• Excellent highly competitive benefit package, including relocation and malpractice coverage with tail
• Opportunity for forgivable loans, fellowship stipend, and medical school repayment
• Optimal work life balance: Outpatient based, with no weekend rounding
• Strong nursing and administrative support
• Competitive straight salary model linked to quality and value versus productivity measures
• Fully integrated electronic health record (Epic)
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.
To apply, please contact Deanna Reed, Talent Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org
GEISINGER MEDICAL CENTER: (GMC), located Danville, Pa., the largest tertiary/quaternary care teaching hospital in the region, is licensed for 475 beds, including 89 pediatric beds in the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital. GMC, a Magnet Hospital, maintains the region’s only Level 1 Regional Resource Trauma Center with additional qualifications in pediatrics. GMC offers an array of highly specialized medical and surgical services, including neurosciences, cardiovascular services, transplantation, women’s health (in the Women’s Pavilion), oncology and orthopaedics. The Hospital for Advanced Medicine serves as an integrated center for the most critical patients. Outpatient services are available on and off campus.
ABOUT GEISINGER: Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.