Under direct supervision, provide support for a neurosurgical human neurophysiology research laboratory. The lab uses recordings from intracranial electrodes inside and outside of the operating room setting as well as functional imaging methods to study neural circuits underlying cognitive and emotional processes. The RA will assist in data collection, organization, processing, and preliminary analysis. They will help to coordinate, communicate with, and track subjects and maintain IRB protocols. They will assist in general laboratory maintenance and inventory control.
Vanderbilt and the Department of Neurological Surgery have a long tradition of providing internationally acclaimed patient care, life changing innovations and research and training for the best of tomorrow-s neurological leaders. We provide excellent comprehensive care for pediatric and adult patients with disease or injury involving the brain, the neurovascular system, the spine, and the peripheral nervous system. VUMC consistently ranks in the 100 Best Hospitals survey and annually our medical and surgical specialties rank as best or high performing while our pediatric neurosurgery program is ranked 15th in in the nation according to US News and World Report. Discover what sets Vanderbilt apart, our collaborative disciplines, unique surgical services and outstanding patient outcomes.
D Day Shift/ Non-Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
* Bachelors Degree (or equivalent experience) and <1 years experience required.