At Geisinger, we're committed to doing things differently to improve lives and give our physiatrists the best to deliver exceptional care. Our Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R), as part of the Geisinger Musculoskeletal Institute, has been nationally recognized for excellence and innovation in patient care, which begins with our mission: provide the highest-quality patient care, improve mobility and enhance the quality of life for all, while advancing the science of multidisciplinary care through research and education. What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.
Our Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) resides within the nationally recognized Geisinger Musculoskeletal Institute:
· Home to the leading academic Level I tertiary referral center in the region and three Level II referral centers with over 50 fellowship-trained specialists
· Consists of seven PM&R specialists, which has doubled in size since 2017, with continued growth to match the growing community needs
· Our faculty members serve as educational leaders on boards of national and international societies and have made significant contributions to the body of Physiatric knowledge
· Our team has been a key contributor in innovative research projects that support the vision of the Musculoskeletal Institute
Join Our Team
We are seeking a board-certified Physiatrist to lead a dynamic team of innovative and clinical practice driven specialists:
· Practice inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation covering musculoskeletal medicine, neuro or pediatric rehabilitation
· Perform electromyography and spinal and/or other neuro-musculoskeletal injections
· State-of-the-art equipment
· Four-year residency program
· Research opportunities
· Exceptional work/life balance
· Excellent compensation and benefits package
GEISINGER MEDICAL CENTER: (GMC), located Danville, Pa., the largest tertiary/quaternary care teaching hospital in the region, is licensed for 475 beds, including 89 pediatric beds in the Janet Weis Children's Hospital. GMC, a Magnet Hospital, maintains the region's only Level 1 Regional Resource Trauma Center with additional qualifications in pediatrics. GMC offers an array of highly specialized medical and surgical services, including neurosciences, cardiovascular services, transplantation, women's health (in the Women's Pavilion), oncology and orthopaedics. The Hospital for Advanced Medicine serves as an integrated center for the most critical patients. Outpatient services are available on and off campus.
One of the nation's most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.