ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY: This position serves a 14-campus healthcare system, with primary office location in Danville, PA at Geisinger Medical Center. Geisinger is integrated across all hospital sites and features Level I-II Trauma Centers, advanced cancer services, bone marrow and solid organ transplant programs, neonatal intensive care units and comprehensive cardiovascular adult and pediatric surgery.
Candidates should be board-eligible/certified in Hematopathology and Clinical Pathology or Anatomic/Clinical Pathology. Advanced diagnostic skills in coagulation are strongly preferred.
AT A GLANCE:
- Candidate must be experienced in diagnostic hematopathology, including flow cytometry, bone marrow interpretation, immunohistochemistry and molecular hematopathology
- Opportunity to customize practice within clinical and anatomic pathology subspecialties
- Current team of 11 pathologists covering clinical pathology services, 28 anatomic and molecular pathologists and 5 clinical PhDs
- Clinical pathology call is shared by 7; remote call capability
- New pathology residency with novel organ-based approach to pathology education
- Collegial atmosphere with 6 other Hematopathology boarded pathologists
- Academic/research opportunity
- Strong health system, growing and responsive to community and system need
GEISINGER MEDICAL CENTER (GMC), located in Danville, PA, the largest tertiary/quaternary care teaching hospital in the region, is licensed for 475 beds, including 89 pediatric beds in the Janet Weis Children's Hospital. GMC, a Magnet Hospital, maintains the region's only Level 1 Regional Resource Trauma Center with additional qualifications in pediatrics. GMC offers an array of highly specialized medical and surgical services, including neurosciences, cardiovascular services, transplantation, women's health (in the Women's Pavilion), oncology and orthopaedics. The Hospital for Advanced Medicine serves as an integrated center for the most critical patients. Outpatient services are available on and off campus.
ABOUT GEISINGER: One of the nation's most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania economy. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.