Program Manager Job description: Our research team is focused on improving the health of families by implementing behavioral health interventions in community settings. Our team has recently been funded to conduct a 5-year clinical trial to test the effectiveness of a behavioral intervention at reducing both parent and child obesity among Latino families in Nashville. We are looking for an experienced program manager with experience in health coaching who can be responsible for both 1) helping refine the content of the intervention and 2) delivering the family-focused intervention in local community settings. Content expertise is required in health coaching around healthy living, healthy nutrition, physical activity, sleep, parenting, and use of the built environment. Experience in research is preferred, as the program manager will also be responsible for adhering to study protocols, monitoring fidelity of the intervention, and working as a part of the study team to successfully implement all phases of the study. Our research group flourishes because of a supportive team environment, so working as a part of a team is an essential component of this job. Intervention content will be created and delivered exclusively in Spanish, making Spanish language fluency a necessity. Because we will work to meet families where they are, intervention sessions may take place on nights or weekends, which will require scheduling flexibility for the program manager delivering those sessions.
A minimum of 24 months of experience in these areas is preferred. Experience in health communication skills such as motivational interviewing and shared goal setting is preferred as is experience working with underserved populations. We strongly prefer a native Spanish speaker who has excellent English skills.
Academic General Pediatrics at Children's Hospital improves the health of children and families, especially those with higher risk for poor health outcomes. As a medical home, we provide comprehensive, family-based, coordinated care. Our programs range from primary care clinics across the region to specialized clinics focused on child behavior , to referral services for families involved in international adoption . We also direct the Newborn Nursery at Vanderbilt to give families with new infants a healthy start and allow for good continuity of care. Our training of the next generation of pediatric primary care doctors and specialists and our advancement of discoveries impact children across the country and the around the world. .
* Day Shift/ Exempt Position including evenings and weekends , as the study requires.
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
* Bachelors Degree (or equivalent experience) and 3 years experience required.
Preferred Education, Skills and/or Experiences :
MPH, RD, or PhD preferred. A background in Health Behavior/Health Education, Nutrition, or Exercise Physiology is required. Experience working with children and adults is strongly preferred.