JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the data management functions and conduct of research protocols, such that the integrity and quality of the clinical research is maintained and the research is conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practice Guidelines, federal and sponsor regulations and guidelines, Vanderbilt Policy and Procedure and research protocols.
The Vanderbilt Vaccine Research Program was formed in 2001 to conduct clinical and translational research in vaccines, vaccine preventable diseases, and pediatric infectious diseases. Led since 2014 by Dr. Buddy Creech, Associate Professor of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, the mission of the VVRP is to reduce the burden of infectious diseases worldwide through the discovery, evaluation, and delivery of effective and safe vaccines and therapeutics.
Our vision is that tomorrow will be better than today .
* Day Shift/ Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
* Nursing Careers : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
* Benefits : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
* Our Nursing Philosophy : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
* Our Nursing Leadership : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
* Shared Governance : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
* Education & Professional Development : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
* Life In Nashville : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
VUMC Nursing : http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
Bachelors Diploma (or equivalent experience) and 3 years experience required.