Children's Hospital's Hematology Program offers compassionate, comprehensive, family-centered care for children and young adults with blood cell disorders, bleeding disorders and clotting disorders. We provide education and counseling, and connect you with advocacy programs here in Nashville and across the nation. We'll also let you know if your child may be eligible to participation in a Vanderbilt clinical trial or research.
Why Choose Care at Children's Hospital for Pediatric Hematology
Vanderbilt offers a nationally recognized, federally funded Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC). Our clinic is part of a network of about 140 HTCs in the United States. National studies show that children treated at HTCs spend less time in the hospital, less time away from school, and have better outcomes and lower healthcare costs.
The Vanderbilt-Meharry-Matthew Walker Center of Excellence in Sickle Cell Disease is a nationally recognized program that brings together primary care providers and specialists from local institutions to treat individuals with sickle cell disease under one roof.
We are part of the only multidisciplinary Vascular Malformation Team in middle Tennessee. This team consists of providers from Pediatric Hematology, Otolaryngology , Dermatology , Cardiology , Surgery , Genetics , Interventional Radiology, and Diagnostic Radiology .
We offer a comprehensive program for care of children with bleeding, clotting , or blood cell disorders within our clinic as well as throughout the hospital. Our team consists of physicians, clinical nurses, case managers, social workers, child life specialists, and pharmacists. All team members work to provide complete care and education for you and your children as you navigate hematologic concerns.
Our medical professionals and family support team members have experience and special interest in caring for children and young adults with blood disorders. We work closely with your family to determine the best treatment options and approach.
* Day Shift/ Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
* Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 5 years experience