Research Services Consultant III
The NCI-designated Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center (VICC) is a campus-wide multidisciplinary matrix organization whose goal is to promote and enhance cancer-relevant research and patient care. VICC provides research resources to its engaged faculty and offers multidisciplinary cancer care to its patients.
Under the supervision of the Coordinating Center Manager, the Research Services Consultant III (RSC III) assists with the implementation and management of VICC Sponsor-Investigator Trials. The incumbent will help provide guidance on Federal, State, and local laws, as well as Clinical Trials Office (CTO) policies, VU Institutional policies, and Institutional Review Board (IRB) policies and procedures while meeting the objectives of the VICC mission goals. The incumbent will serve as the subject matter expert on the complex project management, research, and regulatory issues regarding the start-up and maintenance of the diverse portfolio within the Coordinating Center.
In addition, the RSCIII serves as the initial liaison to funders, governing agencies, and other research entities as needed by facilitating transmission of verbal and written communication. The incumbent is also responsible for maintaining communication with all elements of a multi-level research network, including attending Disease Team meetings, interacting with sponsoring agencies including National Cancer Institute, as well as compliance and regulatory groups such as the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center (VICC) is a leader in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer. The centers world-renowned team of experts provides a integrated, personalized and patient-centered approach to cancer care, including treatment, research, support, education and outreach. From a wide variety of wellness programs to a leading REACH for Survivorship Clinic, patients find support from diagnosis through survivorship. VICC is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of just two centers in Tennessee and 51 in the country to earn this highest distinction, and ranks in the top 10 nationwide for cancer research grant support. Here is a link to our website - http://www.vicc.org/
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities: