Registered Behavioral Tech,
Pediatric Developmental Medicine 2003371
* JOB SUMMARY:
Full time position working directly with young children with autism as part of a small team of multi-disciplinary professionals providing Applied Behavior Analysis intervention as part of a multi-site randomized control study funded by the Department of Defense.
This position is for a registered behavior technician (RBT) or a person eligible to become an RBT. RBTs will provide 1:1 intensive ABA services under the close supervision of Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs).
Therapy is provided in the clinic at Vanderbilt as well as family homes in the Clarksville area. Candidates must have reliable transportation. Successful candidates will demonstrate a clear ability to learn intervention techniques, respond to feedback regarding performance, work professionally and respectfully with families and other team members, communicate effectively in both written, electronic, and verbal interactions with families and coworkers, and manage their time efficiently to meet all project task deadlines.
To become an RBT, applicants must pass a comprehensive multi state background check, participate in 40 hours of didactic training (provided), and pass both a field and praxis exam.
This is a unique opportunity to participate in an important research project studying effective interventions for young children with autism. RBTs will receive intensive and ongoing training and supervision to allow for the highest quality of service delivery. Our project is happy to support efforts by our RBTs to further their professional development as part of this project.
* Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2 years experience
* Day Shift/ Non-Exempt Position
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* T ruven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
* Be cker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US