Associate Program Manager
This position is in the Center for Health Services Research within the Institute for Medicine and Public Health. This role will be responsible for coordinating and supporting a wide variety of programmatic and administrative activities within the Center and the Institute.
The position requires excellent communication and collaboration skills and the ability to support multiple members of the Center and the Institute. The role requires a resourceful individual who can take initiative to gather suitable information and data to address tasks and complete assignments in a timely manner.
In this role, you will serve as a key resource for assigned faculty by providing administrative support for their research and academic roles. In addition, this role will perform office support activities, work with program and administrative staff to assist with preparing documents for grant applications, and other programmatic and administrative support activities for faculty and staff.
Expected responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Department Summary : The Vanderbilt Center for Health Services Research is a critical component for the Institute for Medicine and Public Health (IMPH) and engages with more than 160 scientists and other professionals across VUMC to conduct research and discover, implement, and disseminate workable solutions for modern-day problems in health care delivery, health care quality, and patient-center outcomes. For additional information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/hsr/center-health-services-research.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality
This is a full-time non-exempt position; M-F; 40 hours per week.
Salary is dependent upon education and experience.