Requisition Number 2000190
In this pivotal role, your responsibilities will vary based on collaborations. As a member of a research team with modest supervision, you will apply complex data management and a variety of intermediate and advanced statistical techniques and technical skills to promote the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data arising from research studies in an academic research program.
Key functions and expected performances may include but are not limited to the following:
1. Collaborate as a member of a research team on the design of a research project.
a. Assist in providing statistical expertise in the design of research projects, focusing on fundamental issues including specification of hypotheses and basic study design.
b. Assist the research team in the design of methods to collect information, including the design of questionnaires and other data collection instruments, following the study design developed for the research program.
c. Participate in the development of operations and procedures for the collection, editing, verification and management of data.
d. Assist in preparing preliminary plan for analysis of a research study; present such plans to the research team, and prepare final analysis plans based on team input.
2. Collaborate as a member of a research team on the implementation and
analysis of a research project.
a. Implement planned analysis, including data verification and data correction as necessary, using one or more systems of computer hardware and statistical analysis software for the management and analysis of data.
3. Assist in the publication of research projects.
a. Participate in the preparation of written reports and oral presentations summarizing data analysis results, including detailed description of statistical methods, detailed analysis of results, and synthesis of conclusions from summary tables.
* Master's Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics or related area
* 1-2 years of working history of sustained excellent performance post degree
* Experience with S-PLUS or R
This is a standard Monday - Friday day time role with flexibility required and extended based on business needs.
The Department of Biostatistics at VUMC was founded in 2003, tasked with the mission of bringing biostatistical expertise to the Vanderbilt community. With the unflagging support of the School of Medicine, and the diligence and creativity of our faculty and staff, we daily fulfill our mission: engaging in cutting-edge statistical methodology research, providing collaborative support and educational resources for biomedical and basic science researchers across the university, and training a new generation of biostatisticians. For more information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/biostatistics/ .
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health : among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US