JOB SUMMARY :
In this fast-paced and challenging role as Media Technical Specialist for Vanderbilt University Medical Center, you will provide technical direction, and support for a wide range of locations under the thermal camera/screening model. This Media Specialist will be working with an in-house visual media group, that has experience and can responsibly operate, maintain and manage a wide variety of imaging equipment and products, with a strong emphasis on clinical thermal imaging.
Experience operating various camera equipment to include:
* Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
* Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
* Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
* Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
* Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
* Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
* Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
* Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
* Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
* Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
* Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
* Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
* Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
* Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
* Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
* Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Position Shift : Days
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments: