In conjunction with the Division Director and the Department of Pediatrics, this position will be responsible for managing divisional and clinical excellence through human resources, facility/environment/safety, and financial resources management in a manner that creates and continuously increases the value of the Vanderbilt Medical Center; by elevating business performance, making sound business decisions and designing effective management strategies.
Welcome to the Department of Pediatrics at Vanderbilt University Medical Center . As one of the largest departments within the medical center, we are proud to be home to some 450 primary faculty, 300 community-based volunteer faculty, 114 residents, and over 250 administrative and research staff. The Department is rooted in a rich history of commitment to excellence in research, education, and patient care. Our faculty, fellows and trainees represent the very best of academic medicine - extraordinary people doing incredible things to advance the care for children in Middle Tennessee, across the nation, and throughout the world. The result is a Department which reaches far beyond the walls of our hospital to provide high-quality patient care, to train the next generation of leaders in pediatric medicine, and to advance our knowledge of important conditions that affect vulnerable infants and children through world class research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 3 years experience required.
Preferred Education, Skills and/or Experiences: * Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related Healthcare field * Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously while working independently * Demonstrate a solid understanding of accounting best practices and data integrity * Superb communication, leadership, problem solving skills * Strong focus towards continuous improvement, team-building and customer service skills * Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software Suite, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.