Welcome to the Department of Neurology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center! As the Margaret and John Warner Professor and Chair of Neurological Education, it's an honor to introduce our faculty and staff, as well as the many areas of patient care, research, and education to which we dedicate our work. Vanderbilt is a collegial institution, and our department reflects this by fostering an environment of trust, transparency, inclusion, and collaboration. We are committed to developing new programs that incorporate novel technology and clinical innovation into the personalized care of our patients, while enabling our physicians and scientists to continue to make discoveries that change the way we understand and treat neurological disease. Our residency and fellowship programs are training the next generation of leading neurologists, who are improving and expanding Vanderbilt's impact and prestige nationwide. I am proud of all we have accomplished thus far, and I'm eager to witness what the future of the Department of Neurology will contribute to the world. I invite you to explore our website, meet our faculty, and learn more about the important initiatives underway in each of our subspecialty areas. .
Position Shift: Day Shift/Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities: