At CHOC Children’s, we strive to be the leading destination of children’s health by providing exceptional and innovative care. We are responsible for the overall health of our community’s pediatric population in our hospitals, clinics, and practices. And because of our breadth of care, your career at CHOC Children’s can be as diverse and fulfilling as you determine. CHOC Children’s compensation structure, benefits offerings, and career development programs are geared to helping you achieve your professional and personal goals. Apply now to see where your career at CHOC Children’s can take you.
The VP CHOC Children’s Specialist & Chief of CHOC Medical Foundation develops and implements corporate policies and procedures and establishes short- and long-range goals, objectives, and plans of ambulatory care services. Analyzes costs, activities, operations, and forecasts data to determine departmental or divisional progress toward stated goals.
• Required: Minimum ten (10) years of progressive experience with increasing responsibility in administrative capacities within a large organization with at least five years as an executive at a senior level in an organization known for excellent technical and administrative practices. Significant professional experience implementing leading-edge hospital management systems in an environment that emphasizes patient service and fiscal responsibility.
• Preferred: Five years Children’s ambulatory care experience.
• Required: Master's degree
• Preferred: Doctorate degree
• Required: Well-rounded health care management professional with a balanced combination of superior business, leadership, financial, and technical abilities; broad operational and administrative management skills and a solid commitment to quality and service in health care delivery. Firm but fair management style that fosters teamwork, loyalty, and the respect of colleagues. Knowledge of management and the healthcare industry necessary to be able to direct operations. Advanced interpersonal skills necessary in order to interact in extremely delicate, sensitive and/or complex situations, and to make effective presentations before governmental, professional, and regulatory agencies. Advanced analytical skills necessary in order to organize, plan and coordinate operational activities and participate in development of strategic plans for organization. Responsible for autonomous components with very broad latitude for decision making where actions are reviewed on the basis of achievement. Approves goals and objectives developed by others in accordance with overall organization strategic goals. Engages critical thinking and leadership in relationship to the medical staff and operations. Self-starter who can assume broad responsibility in a dynamic business setting. Ability to analyze complex situations and execute decisions effectively, maintaining high standards of excellence, a results orientation, flexibility, and openness to change.
Recognized year after year as national leader in employee engagement, and named one of the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, this is an exciting time to be at CHOC Children’s. Our campus is constantly growing and offering new state-of-the art programs and services as we continue to meet the needs of more than 250,000 children annually, making the opportunities for career enrichment endless. We offer highly competitive salary levels and benefits, but the personal growth and fulfillment you’ll find at CHOC, coupled with an inspiring mission to nurture, advance, and protect the health and well being of children, are perhaps the most valuable payouts of all. We hope you will join our dedicated and talented team of associates committed to the highest standards of care and making a difference in the lives of children in Orange County – and beyond.