Translational Research Specialist II - VICTR
The national Recruitment Innovation Center, located within VICTR at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville TN, is expanding and as such is seeking an individual with a passion for recruitment of participants into clinical trials. Our team is dynamic and forward thinking in the development of new strategies to help clinical trials recruit and retain individuals, with an emphasis on participant engagement at all levels of the trial development and implementation.
In collaboration with the VUMC Human Research Protections Program (HRPP), the Translational Research Specialist II assists with the optimal application of the Federal, State, and local laws, guidance documents, VUMC Institutional policies, and Institutional Review Board (IRB) policies and procedures while meeting the objectives of the VUMC research community. Consults on complex research and regulatory issues in conjunction with the team(s) to identify solutions and develop improvement processes. The TRN II researches topics of departmental, institutional or strategic importance.
About the Department:
The Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical & Translational Research (VICTR) is Vanderbilt's virtual home for clinical and translational research. Supported by Vanderbilt University Medical Center's Office of Research and the NIH-sponsored Clinical and Translational Service Award (CTSA), the mission of the institute is to transform the way ideas and research discoveries make their way from origin to patient care. VICTR functions to help researchers and clinicians do their jobs better by providing tools and support to improve the quality of research, publications, grant writing, and training for future doctors and researchers. For more information, please visit https://victr.vumc.org/ .
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.