JOB SUMMARY: Performs project management support and analysis under occasional guidance. Works with customers to understand and analyze operational procedures, requirements, processes and/or other needs to bring about successful completion of the project. Provides project management support for the Center for Precision Medicine ( www.vumc.org/cpm/ ) in the Department of Biomedical Informatics ( https://www.vumc.org/dbmi/ ). In addition to providing administrative support for Center activities, major responsibilities will consist of management of a federally-funded multi-institutional pragmatic clinical trials network including managing trial activities and assuring the integrity and quality of the research.
About the Center/Department:
The Center for Precision Medicine (CPM) at Vanderbilt University is a multidisciplinary team consisting of basic research investigators, clinicians, data scientists, application developers and support personnel whose objective is to build a research platform that amasses, extracts and curates meaningful information from patient healthcare records and integrates it with genetic information derived from a DNA repository patterned after BioVU. The CPM develops and applies advanced bioinformatics tools to identify genotype/phenotype associations and genotype/treatment relationships in order to facilitate discovery and signally improve healthcare outcomes through the personalization of diagnostics, treatment and disease prevention. For more information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/cpm/ .
The mission of the Vanderbilt Department of Biomedical informatics has complementary themes that include education, research, service, and a commitment to our colleagues in our own institution and around the world. The Educational Mission is to educate undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate trainees in the theory and practice of biomedical informatics. The Research and Service Mission is to develop and evaluate innovative technologies for the storage, retrieval, dissemination, and application of biomedical knowledge, in order to support clinical practice, biomedical research, life-long learning, and administration and as a result, to contribute to the professional body of knowledge in the field of biomedical informatics. The Professional and Ethical Mission is to maintain cooperation and collegiality with all those who learn and work with us locally, nationally, and internationally; and, to develop and disseminate ethical and professional standards for the conduct of biomedical informatics research and for the use and evaluation of health care informatics applications.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR CENTER FOR PRECISION MEDICINE ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
Key responsibilities for management of multi-institutional pragmatic clinical trials network
* Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 3 years experience required.
**Masters or PhD in scientific field (Preferred)**