Associate Health Services Research Analyst
This is a full-time/non-exempt term position lasting six months to one year.
This term position is in the Vanderbilt Center for Health Services Research, which seeks to improve the quality, value, and equity of healthcare delivery for all people through translational research and training initiatives. This position will provide general project support to research investigators and senior research staff for a research project on assessing and addressing social determinants of heath in clinical practice.
About the Department
The mission of the Center for Health Services Research is to improve the quality, value, and equity of healthcare delivery for all people through translational research and training initiatives. Housed within the Institute for Medicine and Public Health, the Center for Health Services Research provides programmatic support to 17 research centers and programs engaged in research on developing, implementing, and evaluating interdisciplinary solutions to improve health care delivery and health outcomes at the patient and population level. For more information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/hsr .
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
STUDY DESIGN & CONDUCT (NOVICE):
- Applies qualitative and quantitative research methods to perform preparatory, regulatory, and analytic tasking within the life cycle of a study.
DATA ANALYSIS (NOVICE):
- The ability to analyze data in an accurate manner.
DATA MANAGEMENT (NOVICE):
- Interpreting, analyzing, and organizing reports and metrics.
PRESENTATION SKILLS (NOVICE):
- The ability to prepare effective presentations in content and function, able to speak competently to the level of the audience.
RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS)
- Knowledgeable on all phases in the lifecycle of a sponsored research project. Well versed in and able to assist researchers in reducing compliance risks and assisting in routine and specialized processes.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES:
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY:
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY:
This is a term, full-time, non-exempt position, 40 hrs/wk, Monday-Friday.
This is a term position. A term position is a staff position that exists for a period longer than six months but is not expected to last beyond one year. Although a position may exist for a specified or indefinite period, staff who accept term positions are not guaranteed employment for the entire period; they are employed for indefinite periods within the limit of the appointment. There are no guarantees of continued employment, either within the term or when the term ends.
Salary is dependent upon education and experience.
Background screens will be performed and education will be verified prior to employment. Please be prepared to provide required information and/or documentation.