Associate Operations Manager
JOB SUMMARY: In your rewarding role as Association Operations Manager, you will coordinate, monitor, and evaluate the operation of the Simulation Program. You will oversee all technical and operational aspects of the Simulation Lab and its coordination within the School of Medicine Core Simulation Center. With clinical instructional staff, you also will individually or with the assistance of the area Medical Director/Educational Director develop or facilitate the implementation of educationally sound scenarios for simulation and study, act as an educational expert and/or technical liaison between clinicians and technical staff and perform functions that include but are not limited to review and deploy new simulation and infrastructure technology, conduct simulations, and repair and upgrade equipment necessary for the labs' operations. You also will engage in special projects as assigned.
The Center for Experiential Learning and Assessment (CELA) at Vanderbilt University Medical Center consists of three interrelated domains: human simulation using standardized patients, technical simulation utilizing state-of-the-art mannequins and experiential training using human cadavers. CELA strives for growth, balance, and integration into students' clinical experiences with live patients, achieving this by preserving the highest degree of realism within carefully scripted encounters, dynamic scenarios, and progressively complex anatomical lessons. For additional information, please visit https://cela.mc.vanderbilt.edu/ .
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.