* The successful candidate will have experience with a majority of the following experimental techniques: PCR, protein biochemistry, and cell culture. In addition, the candidate should have at least basic experience in small animal work, including mouse husbandry, genotyping, and tissue dissection.
* Understand and follow experimental protocols (may include animal handling, tissue culture, etc.) Record, compile, interpret, and communicate data/results. Perform calculations involving molarity, % solutions, and serial dilutions.
* Read and follow all equipment manuals. Maintain and repair equipment according to manufacturer and University guidelines. 2c. Possess or be willing to obtain training in basic light microscopy, fluorescence microscopy, and laser scanning confocal imaging.
* Maintain inventories and sterile conditions as required. Prepare reagents.
We are home to a diverse group of clinicians and investigators whose professional interests span across multiple areas of pediatric nephrology and hypertension, including:
Members of the Division evaluate and treat children with congenital or acquired diseases of the kidney and all types of hypertension. We strive to provide family-centered care that is individualized and incorporates recent discoveries and established treatments. The procedures provided by members of the Division include dialysis, apheresis, and leukopheresis, renal transplantation, kidney biopsies, and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. Faculty receive consultations, requests for second opinions, and renal transplant evaluations from throughout Tennessee and as well as from Virginia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Georgia, and Alabama.
Our team has ongoing research interests in hypertension, contributors to cardiovascular disease and disease progression in children with chronic kidney disease, clinical outcomes of glomerular disease, treatments for chronic kidney disease, and acute and chronic effects of cancer therapy on the kidney.
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year experience