Associate Program Manager
The Associate Program Manager (APM) position is in the CAMHL division within the Office of Health Sciences Education (OHSE) Department. This role will be responsible for coordinating and supporting a wide variety of programmatic and administrative activities.
The position requires excellent communication and collaboration skills and the ability to support multiple program initiatives. The APM will be able to create good working relationships and partnerships with other departments, clients, and vendors.
In this role, the APM will serve as a key resource for the CAMHL Quiz Time education program by providing continuing education (CE) management and administrative support for faculty, and participants. In addition, this role will perform office support activities, work with program and administrative staff to assist with preparing documents for grant applications and client contracts.
OHSE governs a broad range of educational activities at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine and Vanderbilt University Medical Center, including undergraduate medical education (the MD program), graduate medical education, and physician continuing professional development, as well as advanced degree and certificate programs in health and medically related fields. The Office of Health Sciences Education is dedicated to an ultimate goal of healthy, thriving persons and communities, and we strongly support efforts towards the health equity upon which such a goal rests.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
The ideal candidate will have experience with different database and technology software and hence ease of adaptation of new software platforms. They will need to be fluent in the use of excel, and capable of maintaining data integrity during upload/transcription. They need to have demonstrated experience working on multiple tasks and managing multiple priorities maintaining high quality and task organization.
Technical/Practical Skills :
Interpersonal and Professional Skills/Behaviors :
The role requires a resourceful individual who can work proactively to gather information and data to address tasks and complete assignments in a timely manner. Expected responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: