The Associate Vice President Finance for the Vanderbilt University Adult Hospital (AVPFVUAH), provides financial management, budgeting, forecasting, analysis and support enabling Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC)'s Adult Hospital (VUAH) to achieve operational, financial, and strategic goals and initiatives. Currently, VUMC has six hospitals; VUAH, Children's, Psychiatry and the three regional facilities. The Vanderbilt University Hospital is the largest of these facilities and provides the most complex quaternary care in the region with 726 beds and 46,000 discharges annually. Financial Management of the VUAH involves all aspects of its daily fiscal management in conjunction with VUMC corporate finance functions (Financial Reporting, Financial Planning and Analysis, Revenue Cycle, etc.) as an extension of the VUMC finance team, the AVPFVUAH will work in conjunction with senior division leadership and senior VUMC leadership, as needed.
The Adult Clinical Enterprise comprised of the adult hospitals and clinics is organized by Patient Care Centers (PCCs) and includes ten Financial Officers supporting the PCCs. The position will be responsible for coordinating with these PCC Financial Officers to support the overall operating financial performance of the adult clinical enterprise divisions including VUAH. A highly visible position within the organization, the AVPFVUAH serves as the key Finance support function for the President of the Vanderbilt University Adult Hospital and as an advisor to the VUAH leadership teams (COO, Chief of Staff, CNO, and Department Heads) both directly and through the PCC finance managers. The role directly oversees a finance staff of seven and indirectly coordinates with eight PCC financial managers.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES - PEOPLE SPECIFICATIONS
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group : One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science : The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program : Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index : 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.