The Project Manager Planner, Architect healthcare position entails managing, design, and construction activities for high profile capital projects. The Project Manager Planner, Architect, uses set goals and expectations that are provided by VUMC. The Architect must fully understand the project, understand the complete development cost for the project, and keep all parties informed as well as seek direction from appropriate sources. The project manager is responsible for continual development of the relationship between VUMC Planning, Design, and Construction and its' customers as well as leadership, and management. The Architect Project Manager has oversight for all aspects of the design & construction program including cost, scope, quality & overall schedule. The project manager's primary responsibilities are to maintain the project scope and budget approved by the Vanderbilt University Medical Center and to meet certain reporting responsibilities.
Planning * Design * Construction supports the mission of VUMC, creating physical environments that promote healing, research and learning by collaborating with internal departments, design teams, construction teams and the community. We strive to implement and support the latest technology, efficiency and safety standards into our buildings. We are committed to excellence.
* Evaluate/perform planning options for space use
* Perform and/or participate in site evaluations for specified purposes
* Produce schematic and design development drawings for review
* Review drawings during design phase
* Coordination of user meetings to review design
* Coordination of program changes or design modifications during construction
* Prepare color selections and presentation boards for user
* Assist in selection and coordination of furniture selections for user
* Review and "stamp" shop drawings
* Confirm existing conditions on projects
* Write specifications and complete door, finish, and hardware schedules, etc.
* Draw design details and coordinate inclusion on project drawings
* Maintenance of written documentation of key decisions project schedules, budgets and meeting minutes
* Administers and coordinates owner output with Architects and Engineers during design and construction administration
* Review of A/E contracts
* Review of drawings during design
* Review of final documents for appropriateness to VUMC expectations
* Coordination of program changes or design modification during construction
* Review of pay requests
* Review project with Codes and State Health officials with Consultants
* Assist with coordination between the User and Purchasing regarding the selection of furniture and the coordination of equipment for the project
* Assist with the coordination between User and Information Management and ITS regarding the installation of cabling, computers and telephones in the project
* Perform/participate in material and products/equipment evaluations and comparisons
* Administers and coordinates owner input during pricing and construction phase with Contractors or Construction Managers
* Clarification of VUMC expectations on project during pricing phase
* Review of Construction Contracts
* Coordination of shop drawings and equipment review
* Review of project progress
* Review and evaluate construction changes to scope and budget during the construction phase
* Review of job for final completion and acceptance
* Assist with the coordination of furniture and equipment for conformance with the chosen color palette and compatibility with services identified on Construction Documents
* Develop and implement signage package
* Close out projects
* Receipt and review of as-built drawings
* Receipt of equipment service and maintenance manuals and project warranties
* Coordination of operations start-up
* Coordinate State Health Inspections and submittal
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality. l