Manager, Research Projects - Center for Drug Safety and Immunology Job Summary: The Center for Drug Safety and Immunology (CDSI) ( https://medsites.vumc.org/CDSI ) is a rapidly growing interdisciplinary center that promotes personalized medicine, has significant community outreach, and leads studies internationally driving the prediction, prevention, earlier diagnosis, improved treatment, and outcomes for immune mediated adverse drug reactions. The CDSI is currently looking for a Manager, Research Projects for its interdisciplinary team, to provide oversight for a randomized double blinded clinical trial, and multiple prospective and retrospective studies enrolling in both the hospital and outpatient setting. This is a senior level position where the primary responsibility includes supervising and training study staff, developing standard operating procedures, protocol development, IRB and budgetary maintenance. Additional responsibilities include working closely with grants management to c omplete budgets and grant reports and assisting with executing contracts. The Manager, Research Projects will work closely along side Sr. Research Specialists managing laboratory operations, the manger overseeing the CDSI Program, and the Vanderbilt Coordinating Center (VCC).
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.