General Contracts Analyst
JOB SUMMARY: In your rewarding role as General Contracts Analyst, you will draft, review, negotiate, and finalize agreements on behalf of the organization, under occasional guidance. You also will track new agreement, conduct continuing review of existing agreements, and maintain the integrity of the contract tracking database.
SALARY: Low-to-mid $50k range, depending on relevant experience
The office of Contracts Management (OCM) is a division of the Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC), Office of Research. We serve as the central Medical Center office for contract intake, processing, negotiation, and management. OCM reviews both research and non-research contracts. Research agreements include bench research, clinical trials, federal contracts, and federal subcontracts. Non-research agreements include professional services, educational and affiliation agreements. For more information, please visit www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/ocm .
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES: CONTRACT KNOWLEDGE (INTERMEDIATE): - Demonstrates an understanding of different types of contracts, negotiations, and management of contracts made with vendors and partners. Understands the need to negotiate and protect the organization throughout the life of an agreement. REGULATORY AWARENESS (INTERMEDIATE): - Demonstrates knowledge of healthcare regulations and security best practices. Identifies appropriate sources of governmental and industry guidance. Interprets regulations and guidance to assist application and business stakeholders with compliance and security best practice efforts. COMMUNICATION (INTERMEDIATE): - Clearly, effectively and respectfully communicates to employees or customers. PROBLEM SOLVING (INTERMEDIATE): - Uses critical thinking and process improvement i.e. coaches and mentors development of problem statement, describes current state, identifies root causes, creates future state, coaches and mentors development of solutions and action plans with a sustainability plan. Applies appropriate tools to address issues. QUALITY ASSURANCE (INTERMEDIATE): - Understands the goal of increasing organizational productivity and individual performance by making the products and services within your work assignments more efficient and more effective. CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES:
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY:
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY: