Job Summary Perform research of a highly complex nature. Lead research projects and perform near to totally independent research. Exercise discretion and independent judgment to develop design of research to test hypotheses. Devise new or modify existing methods and develop procedures to meet new conditions.
The division of pediatric infectious diseases features nationally and internationally-recognized leaders in vaccine development and vaccine safety, bacterial infections such as pertussis and staphylococcus aureus, viral infections such as influenza and coronaviruses (e.g. SARS), pediatric HIV/AIDS, global health, antimicrobial stewardship, and the care of children with compromised immune systems.
Why Choose Infectious Diseases Care at Children's Hospital?
* Day Shift/ Non-Exempt Position
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Key Functions and Responsibilities: 1. Independently oversee research projects and perform near to totally independent research.
2. Supervise scientific data collection and analyses for research project(s) requiring independent interpretation of complex research data 3. Contribute to research to merit serving as author or co-author on research publications, etc.
4. Responsible for plan and coordination of literature and library searches and data collection programs
5. Provide supervisory responsibility to staff
6. Provide budget responsibility
7. Maintain open communication between department and others
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 7 year experience