This position is with the Pediatric Department's Division of Hematology/Oncology. Under general supervision, this person will provide support for the Primary Investigator's two externally funded research grants; investigate, gather, assess and clarify data; organize and supervise distribution of information; coordinate general laboratory maintenance and inventory control.
* Position Shift: Day Shift/ Exempt Position
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 5 years experience
Since its inception as a clinic in 1969 and a division in 1975, we have been dedicated to excellence in patient care, research and education in pediatric hematology and oncology. Our mission is to improve the lives of children with blood disorders and cancer, advance discovery through research, and train the leaders of the future. Pediatric hematology/oncology is a diverse field which includes many areas, including but not limited to:
Across the many diseases within hematology and oncology, we provide state-of-the art clinical care and access to cutting edge therapies and clinical trials. Our faculty include nationally and internationally recognized leaders in the field. We are the only pediatric hematology/oncology program in the state of Tennessee with a unique combination of clinical programs in both hematology and oncology and access to all pediatric subspecialties all within our medical center. Our clinical care is supported by a multi-specialty, multidisciplinary specialty team of physicians, nurses, psychologists, pharmacists, social workers, nutritionists, child life specialists and others who all work together to provide evidence-based family-centered care.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.