Morristown, New Jersey
Manhasset, New York
Durham, North Carolina
Newport News, Virginia
Marshfield, WI, Wisconsin
Eau Claire, WI, Wisconsin
Location: Morristown, New Jersey
Internal Number: 12259719
Atlantic Medical Group is seeking an experienced pediatric and adult Nurse Practitioner for the Medical Institute of NJ. This busy, 11 provider practice oversees the following specialities: CI, Cardio, Peds and Family Practice. Some rounding to nursing homes will be necessary. The successful candidate will have availability to work Monday through Friday, 7.5 hours per day. Come join our team of exceptional clinicians!
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
* QUALITY OF CARE: Advocates for patients, family members, and nursing personnel. Supports policy and services that advocate for patient rights and optimal environments of healthcare. Plans with staff to identify interventions within the plan of care that reflect current scientific knowledge; practice and promote continuity of care. Performs evidence-based interventions consistent with patient/family needs. Implements pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions for patients within the framework of state licensure and hospital privileges. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions for resolution or preventing patient care problems. Evaluates quality improvement data and formulates evidence-based recommendations to improve quality of care and nursing practice.
* EDUCATION: Manages and assists to meet health education needs of patient and families. Coordinates and/or provides education in area of specialty to meet the clinical and professional development needs of nursing staff. Supports socialization, education, and training of novice clinicians by serving as preceptor, role model, and mentor. Acts as resource to affiliating nursing school programs. Pursues and participates in formal and independent learning activities to enhance knowledge, clinical competency and professional development.
* Collaboration: Initiates consultation and referrals to appropriate specialty providers when indicated. Collaborates with other disciplines in consultation, teaching, management and research activities to improve outcomes in nursing practice and enhance the healthcare environment. Utilizes shared governance forum to provide support for enhancing education, practice & quality improvement. Collaborates with Physician, specialists and other designated care providers to optimize the environment of patient care. Collaborates with manager to identify clinical activities to facilitate professional growth of staff. Collaborates with manager to identify, evaluate and develop areas of unit scope/role expansion. Collaborates with nursing education and other advanced practice clinicians to develop and implement educational programs for newly hired staff. Collaborates with medical staff education department to support and develop interdisciplinary team management of patient care.
* ADMINISTRATION: Participates in performance improvement activities as related to area of specialization and or unit. Investigates, evaluates and recommends supplies and capital equipment. Promotes recruitment and retention by providing guidance, support and professional development to staff and students. Supports preparation for Joint Commission, DOH & other regulatory agency visits. Supports implementation of policies, guidelines, and recommendations of the regulatory bodies.
* Individual Practice Evaluation: Evaluates own clinical and professional performance according to the standards of the appropriate professional and regulatory bodies, and takes action to improve practice. Seeks feedback regarding own practice and role performance from peers, professional colleagues, patients, family members and other team members.
* Collegiality-Identifies and participates in opportunities to share skills, knowledge, and strategies for patient care and system improvement with colleagues and other healthcare providers. -Promotes a learning environment that enables nursing and other healthcare personnel to make optimal contributions and systems to function most effectively. -Participates in professional organizations to address issues of concern in meeting patient care needs and improving nursing practice and system effectiveness.
* Ethics: Fosters the establishment of an ethical environment that supports the rights of all participants. Contributes to the resolution of ethical dilemmas Serves as a mentor and role model by participating in the resolution of ethical and clinical dilemmas.
* Research: Critically evaluates existing practice based on current research findings and integrates changes into practice. Collaborates with senior investigators and/or members of the interdisciplinary team in conducting research relevant to practice. Assesses and identifies relevant clinical researchable nursing problems with staff. Utilizes the research process to improve patient care outcomes and enhance the environment of care. Provides for dissemination of research developments in the field of specialization.
* Resource Utilization. Evaluates factors related to safety, effectiveness, availability and cost to design and implement best practice. Facilitates access for patients and family members to appropriate healthcare services. Serves as a resource to various populations for the purpose of influencing the delivery of healthcare and the formation of healthcare policy.
Other Desired Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
Ability to exchange pertinent non-routine information, answer questions, and offer guidance, either face-to-face, through written correspondence, or via the telephone, with individuals outside the organization (including patients) on a continual basis. Requires tact and some persuasion beyond the levels of courtesy and politeness required for all jobs.
Occasional on-call requirements and one Saturday per month (8A-4P).
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 13th year in a row to Fortuneas aTop 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work Fora list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.
To Inquire about this position you can reach out to:
We strive for excellence with our patients and each other. We are Atlantic Health System. Atlantic Health... System is one of the largest non-profit health care systems in New Jersey, providing a wide array of health care services to the residents of Northern and Central regions of the state as well as Pike County, PA, and southern Orange County, NY. Through our vision, we empower our communities to be the healthiest in the nation.
We are comprised of Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center in Summit, Newton Medical Center, Chilton Medical Center and Goryeb Children’s Hospital – all of which are accredited by The Joint Commission and members of AllSpire Health Partners.
Specialty service areas include advanced cardiovascular care, pediatric medical and surgical specialties, neurology, orthopedics and sports medicine. Each of these programs has earned top ratings and recognitions in their respective fields.
The system has been chosen for the past six consecutive years by FORTUNE® as one of the magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®.” Our organization has also been recognized six times by AARP as one of the “Best Employers for Workers over 50” and was named for a fifth consecutive year as one of Health Care’s Most Wired organizations in the July 2014 issue of Hospitals & Health Networks magazine, the journal of the American Hospital Association.