Manhasset, New York
Eau Claire, WI, Wisconsin
Rice Lake, WI, Wisconsin
Marshfield, WI, Wisconsin
Morristown, New Jersey
West Lafayette, Indiana
Longview/Kelso Area, Washington
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2112771
This position will provide varied support for clinical trials and research projects within the Emergency Medicine Research Division reporting to the Director of Clinical Research Operations. This research position will perform a variety of duties involved in the collection, processing, interpretation, storage and documentation of biological and data specimens in support of clinical trials. The role is expected to assist research faculty and staff in ensuring adherence to protocols, appropriate regulations, deadline and quality of information received. This role may serve as lead on observational clinical trials.
Vanderbilt's Department of Emergency Medicine is a leader in clinical care, education, and research. Our combined emergency departments see over 130,000 patients annually. We are the only adult and pediatric Level 1 trauma center in middle Tennessee. Our Chairman and Residency Director make education their number 1 priority by teaching a morning conference 5 days a week, 52 weeks per year in addition to directing the residency's five required hours of didactices each week. Every faculty member and upper level resident views excellent teaching as part of his or her responsibilities. All of us at Vanderbilt believe in creating a positive learning environment both in the classroom and at the bedside. More than 60 faculty members, each with his or her own niche and many of whom are renowned educators, create an atmosphere of ever increasing excellence in education in a relaxed but challenging environment. Our fourth year medical student rotation is the highest rated required clinical rotation in the medical school. Numerous faculty are research leaders in the field of emergency medicine, several of whom are conducting NIH-sponsored research. Our department had over 50 peer-reviewed publications within the last calendar year. Details of our residency are provided in the residency section of our site. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist.
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Key functions and expected performances include but are not limited to the following:
1. Assists research coordinators and lead staff in assessing patient eligibility for approved study.
5. Conducts follow-up of study patients.
4. Meets with and assists in response to sponsors and monitors to ensure compliance with protocol and applicable regulations.
3. Ensures deadlines are met for study
2. Processes patient data and runs reports as needed.
Experience in emergency services, phlebotomy and/or processing of lab samples is strongly preferred.