Manhasset, New York
Las Vegas, Nevada
Eau Claire, WI, Wisconsin
San Francisco, California
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
Marshfield, WI, Wisconsin
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2111286
Patient Relations Specialist
In your pivotal and rewarding role as Patient Relations Specialist, you will work closely with the Administrative Assistant who fields patients feedback. You will evaluate the feedback, proceed to do a deeper dive into the matter, and will then forward to appropriate Medical Center leadership who will attempt service recovery.
Vanderbilt Guest Services assists with the flow of information between visitors and the Medical Center. We strive to create a welcoming, comfortable and pleasant environment for our visitors. Uniformed Guest Service Representatives are located at various information desks and waiting areas throughout the Medical Center to provide information, directions, or assist with any need you might have while visiting. For more information, please visit https://www.vanderbilthealth.com/guestservices/ .
Standard day-time hours; Monday-Friday
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES: DOCUMENTATION & WRITING SKILLS - (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate documentation and writing skills in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments. CUSTOMER CONFLICT MANAGEMENT - (NOVICE): - Shows flexibility and open-mindedness when priorities and goals change or when faced with conflicting points of view. Initiates actions and demonstrates leadership that address problems and different points of view. Escalates conflicts that cannot be resolved to a higher level. Accepts opposing views constructively and contributes to a positive work climate. LISTENING (NOVICE): - Demonstrates the fundamental techniques of listening, including paying complete attention, avoiding interrupting speakers, seeking clarification when necessary, and acknowledging that the message has been received, if appropriate. Is sensitive to speakers and understands the need to interpret nonverbal signs, such as body language, and inflection. Makes an effort to fully clarify information. Avoids emotional responses and reactions.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES:
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY:
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY: