Manhasset, New York
Valhalla, New York
San Jose, California
Des Moines, Iowa
Livingston, New Jersey
Location: Orlando, Florida
Type: Full Time
Preferred Education: Masters
Internal Number: req41248
As a seasoned CNM, the Sr. Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM)/Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) leads in the management of and consultation regarding nurse midwifery protocols, while incorporating all the essential factors of primary care, including evaluation, assessment, treatment, and referral to patients.
Fulltime days, currently 4 ten hr shifts/week, office and hospitalist coverage (Winnie Palmer Hospital), rotating weekends and holidays.
Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies is the second largest women’s hospital in the country providing care to the Central Florida community and beyond. WPH is an ANCC Magnet Designated facility as well as the largest center to receive the Baby Friendly Designation. Winnie Palmer Hospital averages 40 deliveries and 100 ED visits per day.
The OB Hospitalist Team is comprised of 25 OB Hospitalist physicians who offer 24/7 inpatient and women’s emergency department coverage, and we are looking to expand midwife coverage to meet those needs. WPH currently has 7 CNMs that provide care in the inpatient setting, triage (ED), as well as in Maternal Fetal Medicine and High-Risk OB Clinic. The team is seeking an additional, experienced Midwife to join the department to assist with majority night shift and weekend coverage. The position requires flexibility for rotating shift requests.
The Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM)/Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) incorporates all of the essential factors of primary care
that includes evaluation, assessment, treatment, and referral to patients.
• Leads in ensuring the model of OH health care is applied, is focused on the ambulatory care of women and newborns with an emphasis on health promotion, education, and disease prevention, and recognizes the woman as central to the process of providing such care.
• This care includes preconception counseling, care during normal pregnancy and childbirth, normal gynecological services, contraceptive care, and care of the peri- and post-menopausal woman.
• Handles emergency situations and provides collaborative practice per protocol.
• Provides surgical assistance and ultrasound services, works a rotation schedule, and takes part in office practice call.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
• The Sr. CNM/ARNP is responsible for the management of patients within a healthcare system that provides for medical consultation, collaborative management and/or referral to hospital departments, and to government and community agencies.
• The Sr. CNM/ARNP supports the financial well-being of the organization by providing cost effective, quality care which meets established clinical and financial outcomes.
• This allows for the admission, under the supervising physician’s service, assessment, evaluation, management, disposition, and discharge of patients within established protocols.
• The Sr. CNM provides educational opportunities and resources on clinical treatment, research activities and grant development.
Master’s degree in Nursing as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner in the nurse Midwife category.
• Certified as a Nurse Midwife by the American College of Nurse Midwives or the American Counsel of Nurse Midwives renewed every eight (8) years and after 2010 renewed every five (5) years.
• Current active certification and licensure in the State of Florida as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner in the nurse midwifery category renewed every two (2) years.
• Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification; and NRP certification.
Five (5) years’ experience in specialty required.