Durham, North Carolina
Des Moines, Iowa
Stony Brook, New York
La Jolla, California
Las Vegas, Nevada
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2111672
Your Role: As part of therapeutic treatment team, provide classes and 1:1 movement instruction to patients. Work collaboratively with other practitioners and clinicians in developing a treatment plan for patients as well as independently with patients that exclusively utilize movement therapy services.
Qualifications: 2 years Clinical experience with strong documentation and patient charting skills
The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Vanderbilt is where you'll find health care designed around your whole health: mind, body and spirit. Integrative medicine goes beyond just treating your symptoms. It's an approach to care that empowers you to be active in your healing and lifelong wellness.
Integrative medicine uses proven, research-based therapies such as yoga, acupuncture, mind-body counseling and massage that work with traditional medicine to help you achieve better health. Our therapies work with your traditional medical care so you can live more fully, cope better with medical conditions and be more engaged in your own health.
Our practitioners are physicians, nurse practitioners, psychologists, health coaches, physical therapists, acupuncturists and massage therapists who believe that being well is so much more than getting cured. We provide the expertise and compassion you expect from Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Integrative medicine is changing medical care for the better. We are one of only six Osher Centers for Integrative Medicine in the world.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.