Manhasset, New York
New York, New York
Maryland Heights, MO
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2112477
Associate Program Manager
Join the Graduate Medical Education (GME) Team!
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is an institution that has built a strong reputation as a leader in medical education of health professionals, research in biomedical science, and patient care nationwide. Vanderbilt trains over 1,000 house staff in over 100 residency and fellowship programs. VUMC offers residency experiences in a major teaching facility with diverse patient populations, state-of-the art technology, cutting edge research, and outstanding faculty.
The Office of Graduate Medical Education is dedicated to making residency tenure a bit less overwhelming by providing assistance however possible. We provide support to our 1,000+ house officers and offer instruction and support to the Program Directors and Coordinators of our various training programs.
Position summary: As GME Associate Program Manager, you will be the front line of service to our residents and fellows in a forward-facing role in our office in Light Hall. This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills. An enthusiasm for great customer service is a must! The position is responsible for organizing the front office area and also supports other GME staff in the credentialing and maintenance of records for all house staff. The position serves as the front desk office organizer which includes special events and ordering for the office.
Department Summary :
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is an institution that has built a strong reputation as a leader in medical education of health professionals, research in biomedical science, and patient care nationwide. Residency training began at Vanderbilt University Medical Center with just 12 residents in 1925. Now Vanderbilt trains over 900 house staff in over 90 residency and fellowship programs. VUMC offers residency experiences in a major teaching facility with diverse patient populations, state-of-the art technology, cutting edge research, and outstanding faculty. The Office of Graduate Medical Education is committed to supporting the trainees, faculty, and staff in our many residency and fellowship programs for new physicians. For more information, please visit: https://ww2.mc.vanderbilt.edu/gme/ .
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES: PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (NOVICE): - Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives. PEER LEADERSHIP (NOVICE): - The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals. FINANCIAL PROCESSES (NOVICE): - Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts. QUALITY MANAGEMENT (NOVICE): - Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements. NETWORKING (NOVICE): - Build relationships through industry contacts, professional organizations and individuals. PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (NOVICE): - Identifies, analyzes and improves upon existing business processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES:
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY:
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY: