Manhasset, New York
Las Vegas, Nevada
Eau Claire, WI, Wisconsin
Marshfield, WI, Wisconsin
Durham, North Carolina
San Francisco, California
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2107038
Research Assistant II - Nephrology
The Research Assistant II (RAII) is part of the Nephrology Division at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and is responsible for assisting in general laboratory operations. This position will support ongoing research projects studying molecular mechanisms of chronic kidney disease. The RAII will work closely with members of the laboratory in performing experiments and will assist the lab manager in doing routine lab maintenance. Motivated individuals will be given the opportunity work on independent projects. This is an excellent opportunity for those looking to further develop new research skills before applying to PhD program and/or medical School. This position will report administratively and functionally to senior lab personnel and the Principal Investigator.
Duties and Responsibilities
Prior experience with cell culture procedures and animal models is desired, but not required as training will be provided if necessary
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.