St. Matthews, KY
Morristown, New Jersey
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2102648
Join a dynamic team in the Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery which includes multiple attending surgeons and mid-level providers, and a multitude of dedicated administrative and clinic staff. As the team's research efforts continue to expand, we are looking for a motivated, independent research professional to proactively manage this growing initiative. This position is housed within the Surgical Outcomes Center for Kids (SOCKs), which was born out of a need to provide a readily accessible research infrastructure available to pediatric surgeon-scientists. The overarching goal is to: 1) assess surgical and patient-centered outcomes that can inform future clinical decision making, 2) identify standards of excellence and best practices that can improve overall patient health, and 3) implement quality improvement initiatives creating opportunities for effective resource utilization for the healthcare system as a whole. This research infrastructure has allowed our surgeon-scientists to merge their research and clinical interests, increasing academic productivity and participation in academic meetings on the national level, while continuing to move the clinical enterprise forward.
Position Shift: Days/Exempt
Our otolaryngologists at Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson Center offer advanced, comprehensive care for the full spectrum of ear, nose and throat-related disorders. Whether you need routine care or a complex surgery, we combine the expertise of many different specialists to provide you with personalized care.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.