Newport News, VA
San Diego, CA
Carmel Valley, CA
Round Rock, Texas
St. Matthews, KY
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2109523
Clinical Trials Specialist
Our research group focuses on impactful studies of new interventions on diverse groups of lung disease including rare diseases such as pulmonary hypertension to more common conditions such as lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Our group works with the Division of Allergy, Pulmonary and Critical Care to provide high quality expertise in translational and clinical studies. This is a stimulating and dynamic work environment that values teamwork, agility between diverse studies, close interactions with several members of the Division's faculty and opportunities to gain new skills in several disease types.
Coordinate review by Institutional Review Board of research proposals/protocols under which human subjects may be involved; compile protocol information, ensure compliance with federal regulations; support the activities of the Principal Investigator in accordance with federal, state, local, institutional, and any other appropriate guidelines, policies, and procedures. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Position Shift: Day Shift
Department Summary: The Division of Allergy, Pulmonary and Critical Care is directed by Dr. Timothy Blackwell and its mission is to:
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.