Saint Paul, MN
Mt. Laurel, NJ
Capital District, New York
Jersey City, New Jersey
San Diego, CA
Walla Walla, Washington
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Internal Number: 21016419rxv_5_4
JOB SUMMARYThe PA CV/CT Surgery PRN is a licensed, certified, non-physician healthcare provider who actively renders direct patient care and possesses delegated prescriptive authority, is credentialed and privileged, and whose service is billed as an independent billing provider. The PA CV/CT is recognized by Medicare and Medicaid within the healthcare systems, and in accordance with the appropriate board. The Advanced Practice Provider provides medical care based upon the scope of practice as delineated by the supervising physician. Surgical providers care for both adult and pediatric patients and specialize in Cardio Thoracic/Vascular.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE - Assesses the physical and mental condition of patients by performing and obtaining comprehensive or problem- focused physical examinations and medical histories. Monitors patients across the health care continuum and develops strategies to avoid hospitalization and/or decrease length of stay.
- Orders, collects, interprets, and evaluates laboratory and other diagnostic tests to assess patient problems and health care needs.
- Prescribes, recommends and/or employs medical drug therapies or other forms of related therapeutic treatments and procedures or performs indicated procedures in accordance with their scope of practice consistent with their training and experience and policies with attention to efficacy, safety, and cost. Recommends interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
- Formulates and implements comprehensive outcomes-based patient treatment plans based on patient assessments, evidence-based medicine, standards of care, professional practice guidelines and in collaboration with physicians and other interdisciplinary team members when appropriate. Evaluates patient response to health care provided and the effectiveness of care.
- Counsels patients and families regarding medical processes or procedures, management of the health illness/condition, medication, nutrition, and health promotion. Counsels patients about drug regimens and possible side effects or interactions with other substances such as food supplements, over the counter medications and herbal remedies.
- Provides consultation level services for conditions /problems related to the Provider specialty, scope, level of experience, and training.
- Performs invasive surgical procedures and/or advanced technological procedures including but not limited to endoscopic vein harvest related to Cardiac and Thoracic surgery specific to scope of practice and provider level of competency as delegated by supervising Physician.
BENEFITSOur competitive benefits package includes the following- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%- Tuition Reimbursement- PTO accrual beginning Day 1 Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
QUALIFICATIONS- LOCATION - BSWH Round Rock
- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program- EXPERIENCE - 2+ years CV/CT Surgery experience preferred. EVH experience preferred- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Physician Assistants (PA) Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or transfer.