Stevens Point, WI, Wisconsin
Weston, WI, Wisconsin
Marshfield, WI, Wisconsin
Eau Claire, WI, Wisconsin
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
West Palm Beach, Florida
Bel Air, Maryland
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Saint Peters, Missouri
Location: Benchley, Texas
Internal Number: 21009588rxv_4_5
The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) is a licensed registered nurse with advanced specialized training in the administration of anesthesia. The CRNA administers, monitors, and adjusts anesthetic doses to individual patients, from neonatal through geriatrics, during surgery and other procedures as follows:
- Selects and administers anesthetic techniques, medications, and adjunctive drugs according to accepted departmental guidelines.
- Identifies and manages emergency situations according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Induces and maintains general anesthesia at required and safe levels, using techniques prescribed by the assigned staff anesthesiologist or techniques customarily used within the department.
- Performs basic perioperative diagnosis testing and documentation to the anesthetic record.
- Closely supports and monitors life functions. In the case of adverse response to any drug, takes corrective action and seeks consultation from the senior Staff Anesthesiologist in a timely fashion.
- Terminates anesthesia in a timely fashion, ensuring patient safety to post-anesthetic recovery room.
- Informs the Recovery Room Anesthesiologist and assigned Staff Anesthesiologist of any complications.
The ideal CRNA candidate is certified to practice in the state of Texas and is adept at administering anesthesia using a variety of techniques and equipment; and communicating effectively with clinical staff and physicians.
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.