Portland Metro Area, Oregon
Fort Myers, Florida
Summit, New Jersey
Poughkeepsie, New York
Yorktown Heights, New York
Panorama City, California
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2113381
Health Services Research Analyst
This is a full-time/exempt term position lasting six months to one year. Working remotely may be available.
This position is in the Vanderbilt Institute for Global Health. This position will be part of a team of researchers conducting a behavioral health scientific study funded by an R01 award from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH). The study project, known as "HoPS+" ( Men for Health Plus ), involves the implementation of a randomized control clinical trial that seeks to develop and assess the impact of a couple-based combination antiretroviral therapy (ART) delivery and support intervention among HIV-positive seroconcordant couples expecting a child and seeking antenatal care consultation at one of 24 health facility sites within seven districts in the centrally located province of Zambezia in Mozambique.
A Health Services Research Analyst coordinates research projects in health services research, public health, epidemiology, medicine, health policy or related disciplines under occasional guidance. Utilizes intermediate level research skills to perform a variety of research and operations related activities including data management, report preparation, and management of project budgets and schedules for proposals and projects.
This position will be responsible for contributing to the coordination of research projects in the areas of health services research/ public health, under occasional guidance. The position requires the utilization of intermediate level research skills to perform a variety of research and operations-related activities including data management, data analysis (specifically qualitative methodologies), and results dissemination and report/manuscript preparation.
The Vanderbilt Institute for Global Health (VIGH) builds capacity through interdisciplinary global health education and training programs, conducts implementation science and research, and provides technical assistance service to government and civil sector organizations in countries supported by the President's Emergency Plan for HIV/AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through an an affiliated organization, Friends in Global Health (FGH).
As a leader in international education and research, VIGH seeks to improve health and well being of people living in low-resource settings. Our work reflects this commitment.
For additional information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/global-health/welcome
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
This is full-time, term position. A Term position is a staff position that exists for a period longer than six months but is not expected to last beyond one year. Although a position may exist for a specified or indefinite period, staff who accept term positions are not guaranteed employment for the entire period; they are employed for indefinite periods within the limit of the appointment. There are no guarantees of continued employment, either within the term or when the term ends.
Salary is dependent upon education and experience.
Background screens will be performed, and education will be verified prior to employment. Please be prepared to provide required information and/or documentation.