West Ashley, SC
Valhalla, New York
Mt. Pleasant, SC
North Charleston, SC
Great Falls, Montana
Highland Park, IL
Goose Creek, SC
Park Ridge, IL
Myrtle Beach, SC
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2113480
JOB SUMMARY: In your pivotal role as Administrative Officer, you will assist the Departmental Administrator to achieve departmental goals by coordinating fiscal and human resource activities, equipment purchases, and by providing facilities management.
The Office of Health Sciences Education (OHSE) governs a broad range of educational activities at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine and Vanderbilt University Medical Center, including undergraduate medical education (the MD program), graduate medical education, physician continuous professional development, as well as advanced degree and certificate programs in health and medically related fields. With locations in Light Hall and the recently renovated Eskind Biomedical Library and Learning Center, our office serves students, house staff, and faculty throughout the continuum of education. The OHSE Office includes Graduate Medical Education (GME), Center for Programs in Allied Health (CPiAH), Office of Continuous Professional Development (CPD), Center for Experiential Learning and Assessment (CELA), Center for Advanced Mobile Healthcare (CAMHL), and the Shade Tree Clinic (STC). OHSE oversee strategic planning of these offices and their future development in addition to budgeting, financial management, contracts, human resources, procurement, compliance, facilities, and technology.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.