Morristown, New Jersey
Valhalla, New York
Poughkeepsie, New York
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2115112
Provides leadership for the creation, coordination, execution and growth of complex programs independently. Provides leadership to support programs that are expected to experience significant change, expansion or evolution over time.
The Department of Neurology boasts a strong research portfolio across its subspecialties. Faculty members are regular contributors to scientific journals and receive generous funding from public, private, and government institutions. Grants and contracts are growing, and faculty members are focused on recruiting and supporting clinical and translational research programs focused on precision in diagnosis and treatment. These research activities provide patients with hosts of opportunities to participate in clinical trials and other investigations aimed at improving quality of life and ultimately changing the course of neurological disease. Total sponsored research in the department has doubled since 2016, and there has been a three-fold increase in clinical trials in recent years.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES: PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (ADVANCED): - Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives. PEER LEADERSHIP (ADVANCED): - The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals. FINANCIAL PROCESSES (ADVANCED): - Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts. QUALITY MANAGEMENT (ADVANCED): - Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements. NETWORKING (ADVANCED): - Build relationships through industry contacts, professional organizations and individuals. PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (ADVANCED): - Identifies, analyzes and improves upon existing business processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality. MENTORING & COACHING (INTERMEDIATE): - The essence of training and mentoring on the job is transfer of knowledge. Whereas training can be considered more formal and scheduled, mentoring is often in the form of guidance and hands-on experiences. The reporting relationship is unimportant since the purpose is to pass on information and experiences. These discussions normally center around a person's goal of learning job procedures, content, standards, analysis and problem-solving.