Newport News, VA
San Diego, CA
Carmel Valley, CA
Round Rock, Texas
St. Matthews, KY
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2115017
Our division cares for critically ill infants and children from birth through adolescence in two locations. The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) serves children with primary medical conditions or following surgical procedures performed by a variety of groups including: Pediatric Surgery (including trauma), Neurosurgery, Otolaryngology and others. The Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care unit (PCICU) cares for children with primary heart disease, both congenital and acquired. We are committed to excellence in patient care, research, and in the training of the next generation of intensive care physicians. Our faculty members work collaboratively with pediatric specialists throughout Monroe Carell Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt (MCJCHV) to provide a highly coordinated approach to caring for critically ill children.
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTED PERFORMANCES:
Under intermittent/direct supervision, conduct experiments and assays including: . Extraction and isolation of RNA, DNA and protein . ELISA and EIAs . Western blotting . Cell culture and conditional plating . Confocal microscopy . Flow cytometry
Independently must: . Understand and follow experimental protocols as well as record, compile, interpret and communicate data/results . Perform calculations involving molarities, % solutions, and serial dilutions . Participate in general laboratory operation, reagent ordering and inventory maintenance.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2 year experience
Candidates with laboratory experience in basic physiology and molecular biology accompanied by a basic understanding of general chemical principles is desired. Experience with cell culture is required. Prior experience with RNA isolation techniques and confocal microscopy are desirable. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are essential as is a history of job stability and commitment to work with a research team over the long term.